Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging Program
In September 2021, Tx:Team launched a formal Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging (IDB) initiative. Our mission is to look critically at our organization and identify opportunities to articulate, and live fully, our commitment to supporting and providing a diverse and inclusive environment for our patients and associates. On October 28th-29th, 2021, we convened a meeting of Tx:Team’s IDB workgroup and guests from the Indiana University Schools of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. Facilitated by Rob Shook and Bill Kirst, our workshop generated five specific initiatives that Tx:Team has adopted and will execute in 2022 and 2023:
- Develop an authentic and clearly articulated statement of Tx:Team’s IDB philosophy.
- Target groups in schools and organizations that are historically underrepresented in our industry and provide education, opportunities for shadowing, and other exposure to possible career paths in the rehab profession.
- Incorporate IDB into Tx:Team’s internal and external marketing and communication platforms and materials.
- Create a one-year fellowship for new Physical and Occupational Therapy, and Speech Language Pathology graduates with a specific focus on engaging therapists from groups that are historically underrepresented in our profession.
- Establish safe spaces for associates to be themselves, talk openly about key issues, and seek guidance from easily identifiable allies/mentors.
One of Tx:Team’s core identifying characteristics is authenticity, and we take this very seriously. Our intent was to clearly and publicly state who we are and what we believe, and then put those beliefs into action. We hope this speaks to you as much as it does to us.
Tx:Team is a place for anyone with a passion for healing and a desire to change the world, and we are committed to fostering an environment where each associate can be included, valued, and seen.