Occupational Therapist Assisted Living Leadership
Occupational Therapist Assisted Living Leadership Opportunity!
Join our team in Sandy Springs, GA at the beautiful new Somerby Sandy Springs community. The community includes Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Living. At Somerby Sandy Springs, the mission is to inspire and nurture successful aging and our rehabilitation team will be a part of that goal to keep residents as healthy and independent as possible.
This is a Full Time, Occupational Therapist position with management and clinical treatment paths. For candidates looking to take that next step to leadership, this is a wonderful opportunity to grow your skills as our team grows with the community. Leadership Orientation and Support is provided through Tx:Team Biz U training. Clinicians with leadership experience are encouraged to apply.
If you are not looking for a leadership role, clinical positions are available as well.
The rehabilitation department is a beautiful therapy gym space with access to fitness equipment, pool, and private treatment rooms. We encourage candidates with dementia, cognitive skills, aquatics, balance/vestibular, and neuro to apply for this new and exciting position.
Occupational Therapist Assisted Living Leadership
- Minimum two (2) years geriatric outpatient clinical experience with experience in Dementia, Aquatics, Vestibular, and Neuro Programs
- One (1) year leadership experience or goal of growing to a leadership role
- Display strong skills in flexibility, time management, leadership, and communication
- Customer Service Excellence
- Deliver One on One quality occupational therapy services according to treatment plans for patients
- Document progress toward identified objectives
- Provide accurate and timely documentation for current patient caseload and oversee compliance of department.
- Create a positive work environment to promote teamwork and communication
- Conduct patient and family education
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Rehabilitation
- Oversee daily staffing, quality of patient care, team financial performance, compliance, to ensure optimal clinical care is delivered and operating results are achieved
- Cultivate key customer relationships and promote services within the community and surrounding area
- Identify areas of growth within the community
- Attend and contribute to Tx:Team and facility resident care, staff, and other related meetings
- Ensure departmental compliance with all regulatory and practice act requirements
- Assist in the screening process of new applicants with Home Office and ensure all associates receive training, support and proper development to meet/exceed goals upon hire
- Assume responsibility for daily staffing and utilization with input from treating therapists, consideration of clinical requirements and recommendations from interdisciplinary team and specialists.
- Manage department budget with expense and revenue reporting
- Oversee clinical programming across disciplines
This Occupational Therapist Assisted Living Leadership position will enable you to use your skills to grow programs in the community and with our partner, Somerby Sandy Springs. All of our rehab teams have a great reputation for service and we are excited to bring our services to the residents of Somerby Sandy Springs. For more information on the community, visit Somerby of Sandy Springs.
Teamwork defines the culture of our organization and continues to be the driving force for our success. All of our associates function with a “do what it takes” attitude. We seek solutions. We take ownership in our work. We care about each other, the clients, and patients we serve. The concept of working as a team and helping each other is the essence of Tx:Team.
“We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live the healthiest life possible. By harnessing the collective power of our therapists’ hands and minds to heal, we create an environment of health, wellness, and vitality for our patients, our associates, our partners, and our communities.”
Comprehensive benefit package, depending on employment status such as:
- Leadership Orientation and Support through Tx:Team Biz U training
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account
- 401K providing choice for investing
- Paid Time Off Allotment
- Professional Continuing Education allowance with annual online MedBridge subscription
- MedBridge Patient Engagement tools and interactive HEPs
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Additional Voluntary options
- Employee Assistance Program, including wellness, counseling, and personal financial services
- Associate Discount Program including Sandy Springs phone and other savings options
- Professional coaching track for clinical and/or managerial growth
- New Hire Mentorship
- Minimum two (2) years geriatric outpatient experience
- Degree from an accredited school approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Current state licensure or eligibility in discipline
“I have worked for Tx:Team since 1997 and have been able to experience a wide variety of settings: skilled nursing, hospital, and outpatient and have seen big changes in healthcare with payment systems and regulations. I have always been surrounded by good therapists that strive to better their skills.” ~Chris, PTA, Indiana
“Working within an employer based clinic has been like a breath of fresh air for my physical therapy career. It has made me excited about working as a physical therapist again. I am working with patients who I enjoy working with who are very appreciative of the services that we are able to provide. Many have been dealing with pain for years, so they are shocked and grateful when they see their symptoms quickly improve with PT compliance. Many of these patients would likely never seek PT services and would continue to deal with their pain for years to come if this facility did not exist.” ~ Matthew, PT, Mississippi
“Tx:Team is a company that encourages and supports professional growth while creating an environment that allows great work/life balance. I love working at Tx:Team because it allows me to excel in both my jobs: as a physical therapist and as a mom!” ~ Christie, PT, Indiana