Business Development Manager
Based in Indianapolis, IN, Tx:Team is a healthcare services company that partners with hospitals, outpatient clinics, retirement communities, home health agencies, and employers to provide the highest-quality physical, occupational, and speech therapy services. We employ nearly 200 associates who collaborate to deliver over 140,000 therapy visits each year to patients in 6 different states.
Tx:Team’s primary growth strategy over the next five years is centered on the expansion of our employer-based clinic service line. Please visit http://txteam.com/clinics/ to learn more about employer-based therapy services. We are seeking a Business Development Manager with a history of success and knowledge in B2B sales of professional services. The right-fit candidate will employ effective business development strategies to successfully prospect, build relationships, and close deals with new clients. This role will leverage your skills in outbound marketing – cold calls, e-mail campaigns, social media, etc. – along with your ability to build your professional network and develop and manage relationships. Your goal is to achieve sales quotas through meaningful business development activity, sales and industry expertise, and successful coordination with other members of our leadership team.
- A highly competitive business development professional that wants to be paid for your performance?
- Seeking a seat at the table with the management team of a successful and fast-growing company in the healthcare field?
- Interested in leveraging your knowledge, experience, and skills to revise and build the business development function for Tx:Team?
- A lifelong learner?
Then this is the position for you.
Business Development Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Business Development “Quarterback” – Acts as the key driver and coordinator for new business acquisition. Manages all aspects of the business development process. Meets or exceeds new business revenue goals.
- Proactive Outreach – Builds pipeline through proactive outreach that includes cold calling, e-mail and social media campaigns, and other channels. Qualifies leads by scheduling webinars and/or in-person meetings with new contacts.
- Networking – Develops professional network to include connectors in the market that will make warm introductions. Attends industry events and trade shows, builds on existing Tx:Team relationships with brokers and other industry players.
- Management of Business Development Relationships – Cultivates and maintains key relationships with employer-based clinic managers, strategic partners, and vendors. Participates in joint pursuits, including RFP responses.
- Deal Closure – Is a “closer”. Owns the sales process and successfully closes enough deals to meet quota each year.
- Performance Measurement & Reporting – Measures and monitors key business development activities. Utilizes Sugar CRM effectively. Builds accurate forecasts. Reports progress and results to CEO and leadership team.
- Meetings – Is an active and engaged participant in weekly business development meetings with CEO. Attends and adds values to leadership team meetings. Works collaboratively with teammates to achieve Tx:Team corporate goals.
- Hard Working – Is tenacious and relentless about finding the right people at the right companies with which to meet and share our story. Relishes in making calls and meeting with prospective clients all day, every day. Enjoys a high volume workload. Individually competitive, with focus on a team selling approach.
- Product Knowledge – Possesses a broad understanding of the services Tx:Team offers, and, how they meet the different goals of potential clients. Is skilled at articulating how our services create value for employers.
- Communication – Excellent verbal and written communicator, both internally and externally. Promotes the value of the brand both in style and content. Is personable and professional. Is able to effectively summarize meetings with prospects for the rest of the team.
- Planning & Organization – Self-starter that is able to plan strategically for the week as well as the quarter and beyond. Highly efficient at managing a large prospecting pipeline.
- Sugar CRM – Manages all activity and opportunities in Sugar. Utilizes the CRM as the hub for all client information. Fully leverages CRM capabilities for business development campaigns, workflow management, and information management.
- Research & Sales Support – Adept at utilizing market and business data to open doors and bring value to leads at the front end of the sales process. Passionate, lifelong learner that keeps up to date on the industry and business changes.
- Enthusiastic for Change – Adapts to change quick and easily, is an agent for change and disruption from the status quo. Creative thinker that works to build “outside the box” ideas to develop and close new business.
- Team Player – Works collaboratively with management team to develop and execute business development strategies. Is invested in the overall success of Tx:Team. Desires a seat at the table with a dynamic and fast-moving management team. Manages up effectively.
- Coachable – Seeks out mentoring and coaching opportunities. Is open to new ideas and different ways of doing things.
Comprehensive benefit package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account
- 401K Program
- Paid Time Off
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Additional Voluntary options
- Employee Assistance Program, including wellness, counseling, and personal financial services
- Associate Discount Program including mobile phone and other savings options
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a quota carrying sales role that required cold calling and networking to generate new business; demonstrated success of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and experience working with a CRM system
- Motivated, positive attitude and relentless pursuit of achievement
“I have worked for Tx:Team since 1997 and have been able to experience a wide variety of settings: skilled nursing, hospital, and outpatient and have seen big changes in healthcare with payment systems and regulations. I have always been surrounded by good therapists that strive to better their skills.” ~Chris, PTA, Indiana
“Working within an employer based clinic has been like a breath of fresh air for my physical therapy career. It has made me excited about working as a physical therapist again. I am working with patients who I enjoy working with who are very appreciative of the services that we are able to provide. Many have been dealing with pain for years, so they are shocked and grateful when they see their symptoms quickly improve with PT compliance. Many of these patients would likely never seek PT services and would continue to deal with their pain for years to come if this facility did not exist.” ~ Matthew, PT, Mississippi
“Tx:Team is a company that encourages and supports professional growth while creating an environment that allows great work/life balance. I love working at Tx:Team because it allows me to excel in both my jobs: as a physical therapist and as a mom!” ~ Christie, PT, Indiana